Sights and Electro-Optical Sensors Optical Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
Candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire.
Responsibilities to Anticipate for this role:
- Support concept to production including architecture analysis, trade studies, requirements analysis, engineering reviews, design, test, and qualification.
- Component selection, procurement, and oversight of hardware build.
- Create optics specifications and test plans.
- Review hardware and software requirement documents and test plans.
- Design, develop, and test optical components and subsystems in support of integration of thermal imaging sensors, color and monochrome high-resolution cameras, lasers, radar, direct view optics, and stabilized control systems.
- Support the integration & testing of sights and electro-optical sensors on the various vehicle platforms.
- Work with other members of the engineering staff to ensure the product meets its requirements.
- Prepare and present written reports, status reports, and presentations as necessary.
- Provide technical support and communication to the program office customers, and other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Optical System Design.
- Experience with physical and geometrical optics.
- Basic Optics Laboratory skills including precise alignment and calibration procedures.
- Experience with CAD tools such as CREO/Pro-E is preferred.
- Optical design and analysis utilizing standard optical tools such as Zemax, Night Vision Integrated Performance Model (NV-IPM) is preferred.
- Experience with analog and digital video (RS-170, HD_SDI, LVDS, DVI, DisplayPort, 3G SDI, 6G SDI) is preferred.
- Experience with video distribution techniques is preferred.
- Familiarity with Military Standards and test requirements is preferred.
- Ability to use engineering development tools.
- Seeking a strong multi-tasking contributor.
Additional Information / Desired Experience:
- This position will require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
- This position may require the candidate to be able to climb on/off, work in, and work around military vehicles is desired.
- Must meet the Anthropometric Size Requirements (ASR) to entry into the driver' s station or into an enclosed military vehicle (under 6' 3 " AND under 260 lbs WITH steel toed boots and coveralls on).
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills is required
- Works well in team and individually
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required
- This position may require occasional travel.
Bachelor' s degree in physics, Optics, or Electro-Optical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience. Fewer years required with an advanced degree. Other technical degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
Candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire. All applicants selected will be subject to a US Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, US citizenship is required.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.