Skilled Help Desk
Sterling Heights, MI US
Service Desk Professionals (SDPs) are Information Technology (IT) professionals who provide technical help for users. You will provide Tier 1 support by answering phone calls from users experiencing IT issues, documenting user issues in a ticketing system and performing low level troubleshooting. Candidate will also provide technical care for any aspect of information systems, including system hardware, operating systems, applications and networks.
Applicant will provide 24x7x365 support, which means work schedules will include weekends, holidays, late nights, potential for on-call, split shifts, last minute coverage and will rotate on a routine basis. (i.E. Quarterly).
Position is strictly an onsite position (NOT remote).
Operational Management Responsibilities:
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, chat and all operational contact types to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Build rapport and gather problem details from service desk customers.
- Use Service Desk scripts and other knowledge articles to gather appropriate data and guide users through resolution instructions.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident within the Service Desk application.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Work with end user to test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
- Contribute to technician knowledge base as needed.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement
Service Desk Professionals will provide 24x7x365 support, which means work schedules will include weekends, holidays, late nights, potential for on-call, split shifts, last minute coverage, and will rotate on a routine basis. (for example quarterly).
Position is NOT remote; it is an on-site position exclusively.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including desktops and laptops
- 1 + years' experience working in an IT help desk call center or equivalent support function
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Fluent English
- Very high level of dependability and punctuality required
- Primary function is answering telephone calls, typing and using a PC (keyboard, mouse, and monitor)
- Able to follow a script in communicating and interacting with callers
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to stay calm and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Polite and courteous
- Multi-tasking (listening, comprehending, talk, type, accessing multiple screens)*
- Dexterity with hands as well as efficiency in typing and using a PC*
- Wearing a headset all day*
- Ability to remain at workstation for long periods of time*
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- High School Diploma is required
- Bachelors or Associates degree related to Information Technology preferred but not required
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!