Skilled Trades Mechanic Technician
Sumner, WA US
- Ability to utilize download equipment to transfer and read data to manage software configuration.
- Understand and describe acronyms related to turret and related LRU systems.
- Identify parts through IETM, Schematics and cross reference based on vehicle configuration.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on family of " Stryker” Vehicles.
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions in automotive systems (power-pack) engine, transmission, cooling, fuel, exhaust, driveline and suspension using built in test equipment (BITE), test equipment and/or manual troubleshooting procedures (MTPs), common and special tools and applicable technical documentation.
- Repair sub-systems and components, line replacement units (LRU' s) of the " Stryker”. Perform maintenance steps to accomplish repairs will include disassembling, removing and replacing worn/ damaged/defective part(s), adjusting, reassembling and testing using applicable technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions in hydraulic systems common to all " Stryker” or unique to variants of the " Stryker” vehicle.
- Complete maintenance and administrative forms and other paperwork related to performance of duties.
- Read and interpret troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures and flow diagrams for systems, subsystems and components.
- Skilled in computer operation and Microsoft operating systems. (Word, EXCEL and Power-point)
- Maintain accountability of special tools, test equipment and property and ensuring proper use of personnel protective equipment as deemed appropriate.
- 3+ years related work experience required.
- Excellent communication skills along with professional demeanor that extends to all levels of the organization.
- Proven progressive problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Strong strategic thinking, organizational, and judgment skills.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently.
- Display leadership qualities as well as the ability to articulate directions and effectively train/mentor others.
- Promote and maintain a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork in achieving business objectives.
- Experience and/or ability to interact with multiple departmental technologies (i.E., engineering, business, technology, etc.).
- Knowledge of products, processes, and military terminology preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
- Documented trade school, certified technical training or commercial training.
- Must meet the Anthropometric Size Requirements (ASR) to entry into the driver' s station or into an enclosed military vehicle (under 6' 3 " AND under 260 lbs WITH steel toed boots and coveralls on).
- Must be able to gain and maintain access to military facilities.
- Work in improved and unimproved maintenance facilities as well as field environment.
- Ability to adjust to customer work schedule changes.
- Occasional work in confined space within vehicle interior.
- Potential for exposure to temperature extremes in performance of duties.
- Normal color vision, Dexterity in fingers of both hands, pickup and carry 70 lbs. For distance of fifty (50) feet.
- Successfully pass and maintain physical deployment requirements.
- Successfully pass government/military SRP requirements for deployment.
- Successfully pass and maintain ASR requirements, military BMI requirements.
High school diploma or GED is required. Associates Degree is preferred.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!