Software Engineer (C++)
Ft. Worth, TX
This is year+ contract. All applicant must be US citizens (No exceptions). An active SECRET clearance is required at time of resume submission.
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
The candidate will perform software development activities related to the modeling of military systems and scenarios in an advanced US government simulation environment called the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM). The candidate will be responsible for software enhancements to AFSIM to meet the needs of both constructive analysis and virtual Operator in the Loop (OITL) experiments. These activities support requirements development, Concept of Operations (CONOPS) evaluation, operational and cost effectiveness studies, and military utility assessments being performed by the Operations Analysis team. This will require the candidate to apply system & software engineering skills to solve technical engineering problems and develop software capabilities to meet analysis needs.
This specific position will involve C++ software development in areas such as:
- Developing Graphical User Interface (GUI) panels integrated with the AFSIM Warlock OITL application to execute operator actions controlling platforms in the simulation.
- Developing associated graphics and visualization capabilities using Open GL (OGL) and OpenSceneGraph (OSG)
- Development of custom AFSIM software plugins in C++ integrating detailed algorithms relating to sensor performance, battle management, weapons, and resource management and allocation algorithms.
- BA degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or other Science related discipline
- 6+ years' experience developing software using C, C++, or Java
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design (OOD)
- Experience developing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) in environments such as Qt
- Experience with graphics and visualization software such as Open GL and OSG
- Background in Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis (MS&A)
- Familiarity with government engagement and mission level simulations such as Brawler, ESAMS, EADSIM, Suppressor, or AFSIM
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl and Python
- Experience developing software using the Visual Studio development environment
- Familiarity with software version control tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.