Software Engineer (C++, GUI)
Ft. Worth, TX
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
- Will perform software development activities related to the modeling of military systems and scenarios in an advanced US government simulation environment called the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM).
- Will be responsible for software enhancements to AFSIM to meet the needs of both constructive analysis and virtual Operator in the Loop (OITL) experiments. These activities support requirements development, Concept of Operations (CONOPS) evaluation, operational and cost effectiveness studies, and military utility assessments being performed by the Operations Analysis team.
- Will apply system & software engineering skills to solve technical engineering problems and develop software capabilities to meet analysis needs.
- Developing Graphical User Interface (GUI) panels integrated with the AFSIM Warlock OITL application to execute operator actions controlling platforms in the simulation.
- Developing associated graphics and visualization capabilities using Open GL (OGL) and OpenSceneGraph (OSG)
- Development of custom AFSIM software plugins in C++ integrating detailed algorithms relating to sensor performance, battle management, weapons, and resource management and allocation algorithms.
Basic Qualifications Required:
- BS or BA degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or other Science related discipline
- Solid experience developing software using C/C++
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design (OOD)
- Experience developing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) in environments such as Qt
- Experience with graphics and visualization software such as Open GL and OSG
- Background in Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis (MS&A)
- Familiarity with government engagement and mission level simulations such as Brawler, ESAMS, EADSIM, Suppressor, or AFSIM
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl and Python
- Experience developing software using the Visual Studio development environment
- Familiarity with software version control tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.