Software Engineer (C++, OOP)
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. All education requirements are verified. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
In this role you will:
- Develop embedded software for a Tactical Cross Domain Solution (TACDS)
- Develop pluggable Filter components for multiple message formats (VMF, XML, KLV-FMV, Binary, etc.)
- Develop User Programmable Rule Sets.
- Implementation of Secure Boot and Trusted Platform Modules
- Develop Drivers and Plug-ins for a Linux kernel application
- Develop FPGA Programmable Logic
- Provide Engineering Support to Field Application Engineers supporting customer integration activities
- Experience using GIT Lab and Bugzilla
- Fluency in C/C++ (required)
- Object-oriented programming (required)
- Java (desired)
- Python (desired)
- Developing in a Linux environment (desired)
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a fully proficient understanding of software engineering concepts, principles and theories and expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Capable of working on problems of diverse scope requiring extensive analysis of data and evaluation of a multitude of factors
- Demonstrates fully proficient judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Fully proficient knowledge of the software development process as well as software engineering concepts, principles and theories
- Fully proficient knowledge of other related engineering and support disciplines
- Detailed and fully proficient knowledge of technology trends and champions new ideas and product process improvements
- Fully proficient knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
- Ability to be creative, innovative and responsible, and able to master fully proficient decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Fully proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Fully proficient ability to handle significant responsibility, leadership and accountability while executing very complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with very little direction, or can provide direction and leadership to technical teams
- Exercises independent judgement and sometimes defines new procedures and practices to improve team and company performance
- Fully proficient ability to be a team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Advocate and champion at applying company policies and procedures to resolve very complex issues
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Fully proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Fully proficient ability to recognize and clearly report relevant information
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts and corrective actions
- Someone who is capable of providing technical leadership to an organization
- Fully proficient ability to use the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.