Software Engineer (Java, Linux)
San Diego, CA
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Selected would be a member of the Software Integration and Test Team and would have the following primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Integrate custom software components and third-party components into system releases
- Maintain software installation Program for all components of a distributed system to ensure evolving system requirements are met
- Periodically review Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and apply necessary safeguards to the system to ensure compliance
- Learn and adopt new software technologies and how to administer new third party software
- Investigate and resolve installation or configuration related issues to determine root cause and provide fixes
- Support Assistant Program Manager (APM) and Lead Engineer (LE)
- Create and document software integration polices and system installation procedures
- Support the implementation of software development and integration effort
- Provide technical guidance to the Program regarding software test, integration, installation, and release strategies
- Support test and evaluation (T&E) strategy, planning, documentation, and efforts
- Create standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Software Engineering Team.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5+) years experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree may be considered; Masters and four (4) years or more experience. Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of degrees.
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability to operate independently and without direct supervision to support the Government Sponsor and goals of the Program
- Software development
- Proficiency in Linux system administration and shell scripting
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Able to obtain Department of Defense Information Assurance Training (IAT) Level 2 Certification within 12 months.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with STIGS.
- Demonstrated technical writing and briefing
- Experience writing XSLT Transforms
- Experience writing Java programs
- Experience administering Java application servers, especially JBOSS
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.