Software Engineer Controls
Allen Park, MI US
The HiL Engineer develops expertise in software test design and has advanced knowledge in vehicle functional partitioning, electrical and communication architectures, Ford' s embedded software processes, and the Global Product Development System.
This role requires close collaboration with feature owners, engineering, and suppliers to develop a strong understanding of the vehicle functions and implement appropriate test design strategies for early identification of defects and to provide evidence of defect elimination.
- 5+ Years of experience in automotive software development or validations.
- 5+ Years of experience in software development life cycle -CMMI and agile process experience.
- 5+ Years of experience utilizing software testing or quality assurance methodologies
- 2+ Years of experience in validation support of dSPACE or NI HiL simulators.
- 2+ Years of experience in dSPACE control and automation desk software.
- 2+ Years of experience in ADAS/DAT feature testing support.
- 2+ Years of experience in distributed feature testing experience.
- 2+ years of Matlab/Simulink control models development experience.
- Experience in development and execution of functional test procedures within a software or vehicle testing organization.
- Experience in bench testing of distributed electrical systems (Electrical System Engineering) including bench functional integration, test execution, measuring and instrumentation, incident reporting and root cause analysis.
- Experience in electrical schematics for vehicle components and systems and electrical architectures of distributed systems.
- Experience with development and verification of embedded software using hardware in the loop equipment and software (E.G. DSpace, National Instruments).
- Experience in test automation collaboration with Germany team.
- Experience in Ford Diagnostics Engineering tools and software downloads.
- Experience in implementing software configuration management.
- Experience in in software development with compiled and interpreted languages including C++, Python, visual basic and Matlab and their corresponding integrated development environments (IDEs). E.G. MS Visual Studio, Simulink.
- Experience in Experience in embedded controller networks (CAN, LIN) and the use of ECU diagnostic and network communication tools to verify and troubleshoot distributed vehicle systems (e.G. CANoe, CANalyzer, etc.).
Bachelor' s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent Engineering.
Master' s Degree in Engineering or related field.
Meet Your Recruiter
Crisi Mintz joined the Contract Professionals, Inc. team as a Technical Recruiter in January 2023, in order to support efforts to bring the Arizona recruitment team to scale.
A Zillow 5-Star Premier Agent, Crisi has been a licensed realtor for more than 15 years. During her career in real estate, her fiduciary responsibilities included residential, commercial, and investor clients for complex real estate transitions. She also facilitated timely closings, conducted complex negotiations, developed and executed marketing strategies, and managed budgets. Throughout her career, Crisi developed a reputation as an expert salesperson and master problem solver.
This is not Crisi’s first time at Contract Professionals, Inc. Crisi first joined the Contract Professionals, Inc. team in 1993. She was recruited by the management team to sit on the “Operations Action Team” in pursuit of ISO-9000.
Crisi holds BA in Business Administration from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.