Software Engineer Controls
The engineer in this role will work in the Central Software organization and will be responsible for the development of Ford coding standards for C and C++. Candidates are expected to work in agile team settings in collaborations with teams from different organizations around secure coding and creating test methods to prevent vulnerabilities. The duties of this role include but are but not limited to the following:
• Evaluate tools that checks for coding vulnerabilities against a set of rules like MISRA, CERTC, CERTC++ and CWE
• Define coding rules that are statically checkable for C and C++
• Ensure that teams are compliant in meeting secure coding best practices
• Create design rules for software coding for in-house developers and suppliers to follow
• Train others on new tools
• Deliver technical presentations
• Work in Agile setting
• 10+ years of experience in embedded software development
• 2+ Working experience developing coding rules for C and C++ for others to follow
• 5+ years using static code analysis tools
• Working experience using Jenkins
• Familiarity with ISO26262 and ISO 29119 standards
• Automotive systems experience
• CAN and Automotive Ethernet experience
Bachelors in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.