Software Engineer I
Oshkosh, WI US
ESSENTIAL DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Plan and direct the technical aspects of advanced vehicle system controls testing, verification and validation for production implementation.
- Implement automated test plans to support lifecycle of the software development
- Responsible for developing simulation plants in a virtual environment using modeling tools (such as ADAMS, AMSIM, Vedyna and Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow etc.) or hardware-in-the-loop simulators and transferring simulated strategies to vehicle testing and eventual production implementation.
- Work with internal and external (vendors, industry consortiums, or universities etc.) project teams on advanced control development efforts under the guidance of a supervisor with minimum supervision.
- Assist or direct feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, and timelines etc.) on proposed projects.
- Provide insight to engineering design teams and mentoring to low level engineers as needed based on expertise.
- Have the essential controls education background or in-depth work-related experiences
- Strong time management, communication and critical thinking skills
- Strong presentation skills and able to confidently interface internal or external customers.
- Follow the directions of the supervisor very efficiently and provide feedback on the technical hurdles and progresses with clarity and assess the priorities based on business needs
- Complete the tasks under the guidance on mutually agreed schedule between the candidate and the supervisor/program manager with minimum mentoring Strongly motivated in learning new technologies and skills in controls fields
- Automotive or heavy-duty vehicle background with vehicle control system experiences
- Work experience in automotive or heavy-duty vehicle CAN bus and architecture
- Work experience in Mathworks, ETAS, dSPACE or Vector tools and Autosar
- Embedded Software development experiences using C/C++/C# or Python a plus
Bachelor' s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 8-plus years related experience or Master' s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 5-plus years related experience or Ph.D. Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 2 years related experiences.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
A seasoned recruiting and sales professional with more than 7 years of industry experience, Jason Briggs joins the Contract Professionals, Inc. (CPI) team as the Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division in Scottsdale, Arizona.
With a talent for creative problem solving and coalition building, Jason started his career at Oxford and Associates in 2013, generating $2.3 million in sales by targeting the hardware, software, IT, and science & technology industries.
Subsequently, Jason joined KT Consulting as a Federal Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Recruiter focusing on winning and staffing One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS-SB) Proposals and Contracts for the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
Relocating to Arizona in 2017, Jason is originally from Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a focus in Risk Management.
Jason attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin where he was exposed to JROTC leadership education training and military sciences. He has served on alumni executive board for the University of Wisconsin Stout's National social philanthropy fraternity, Phi Sigma Phi. Jason also continues to provide support for local dog rescue organizations in the Phoenix area by donating time and participating in local adoption events.