Sterling Heights, MI US
About the Role:
This position will be a part of the of our Software Engineering team that is responsible for the development and support of embedded software for our ground vehicles. This role participates in activities covering the entire software development life-cycle, from requirements development to final testing and delivery of software products.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Develop display software to include the graphical user interface for a wide ranging vehicle platform.
- Perform software requirements analysis.
- Develop software preliminary and detailed design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards.
- Develop code to implement software design, code development shall conform to department standards and procedures.
- Develop test procedures and perform unit/functional test on the executable software.
- Perform hardware/software integration.
- Debug software issues discovered throughout multiple testing phases.
- Develop and maintain software in accordance with the project and department development processes.
- Release software as specified by department standards.
- Prepare status reports to management and support design/code reviews.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical field.
- 5-7 years related engineering experience, with strong preference for embedded software.
- Strong background in C#, C++, C Python, QT and QML
- Be comfortable supporting integration issues in a lab and on a vehicle
- Knowledge of Mil STD 1553, Ethernet and CAN data bus desired.
- Knowledge/experience with GIT, Bitbucket, and Confluence desired
- Knowledge/experience with DOORS desired.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Linux, Unix & PC experience strongly desired.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience using DOORS preferred.
- Able to work overtime when required
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position.
- This role is a mix of office and lab/vehicle environment where the requirement for being on site approximately 60% of time for lab/vehicle equipment access.
- This position might require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
As a proud U.S. Army veteran with an extensive 28-year service record, Jimmy Tallent dedicated two decades of his life to active duty and an additional eight years in the Army Reserve, contributing his time, talent and commitment to various vital aspects of military service. His journey has been diverse, spanning roles in aviation, transportation, and recruiting, allowing him to develop a versatile skill set and a deep understanding of the military landscape.
Originally hailing from the city of Chattanooga, TN, Jimmy embarked on his military career with a passion for service and a commitment to excellence. Throughout his tenure, he served in dynamic and challenging roles, which included the precision and expertise demanded by the aviation industry, the strategic logistics of transportation, and the interpersonal and leadership skills required in the recruiting field.
In addition to his rich military experience, he pursued and earned a degree in business management, further enhancing his knowledge and capabilities. With this academic achievement, coupled with his practical experience, positioned him as a professional with a comprehensive understanding of both military and business landscapes.
Today, Jimmy is excited to leverage his leadership, organizational, and strategic skills at Contract Professionals, Inc. Jimmy is driven by his commitment to excellence, his discipline instilled through years of military service, and his passion for overcoming challenges. He approaches every opportunity with the same dedication and integrity, which defined his military career.