Software Project Lead
Sterling Heights, MI US
- Lead the software development effort for the Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle project
- Create and maintain Software Build Plan to communicate project scope with development team
- Work with Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI) leads and program management to develop schedules and establish budgets
- Develop basis of estimates for new scope items
- Enter EVMS for software tasks
- Assist with development and/or review of software documentation including Software Development Plan, Software Resource/Data Report, Software Requirement Specification, Software Design Description, Software Version Description, and related test documentation
- Attend and participate in project related meetings with the project management team.
- Work with Systems Engineering to support system level requirements allocation and testing.
- Interface and coordinate with outside vendors for software support and deliverables.
- Identify, document and mitigate project risks items.
- Interface with Software Quality Assurance (SWQA) to address audit findings and implement corrective actions.
- Assist with development of project metrics and measures.
- Prepare and submit status reports to management.
- Ensure all work conforms to software development process improvement and CMMI Level 5 initiatives.
- Possess or able to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- Excellent leadership skills required.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of CMMI is preferred.
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) is a plus
- Excellent customer skills required
- Previous experience with military vehicle software preferred
- Excellent writing skills required
- Requires some limited travel (training/seminars/meetings).
- This role requires candidate to be onsite 70% of the time
- Role is a mix of office and lab/vehicle environment, 50% of time for lab/vehicle equipment access.
- Must meet the Anthropometric Size Requirements (ASR) to entry into the driver' s station or into an enclosed military vehicle (under 6' 3 " AND under 260 lbs WITH steel toed boots and coveralls on).
Must have Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related. Other technical degrees will be considered with related experience
Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire. This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Team Leader of Defense Branch
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!