Solder Operator (2nd Shift)
CPI is hiring a Solder Operator (2nd Shift) on a contract-to-hire basis for our large defense industry client in Bloomington, MN. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required. Length of assignment is 3- 6 months with an opportunity to go direct with our client.
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Education requirements will be verified.
J-Std. Solder Certification is preferred.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs project tasks/assignments of a basic nature ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables.
- Performs a variety of mechanical assembly operations
- Follows methods, techniques, and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, & cable harnessing on subassemblies and units
- May be involved in packing tasks.
- May count and sort various product items, placing labels on packages, put manuals into binders, and form or break down boxes for the final product
May conduct manufacturing inspections on processing line in accordance to quality specifications
- May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions
- Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit and direct supervisor
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Work is closely supervised, following detailed instructions, and periodic checking on work performance
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn job skills and become familiar with company policies to complete assignments
- Ability to use hand/torque tools, soldering irons, other light industrial tools
- General communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set up basic equipment and process hardware compliantly to specifications
- General knowledge of measuring equipment and math
- General computer skills
- Computer literacy.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.