Sr Controls Engineer
Fridley, MN US
- Creates, with use of modeling tools, detailed linear and nonlinear dynamic models of the mechanism to be controlled, the sensors employed, and servo drive used to move the mechanism.
- Performs simulation and linear analysis using models to develop the control algorithm, select sensors and size actuators.
- Performs hardware in the loop analysis to verify the control models and tuning of control algorithms.
- Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- Creates, plans, and performs complex engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks for a portion of a project or may lead these activities for a small project.
- Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies wide range of engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a complex portion of a technical project.
- Applies broad knowledge of the design of organization' s products, technology, systems interactions to solve complex engineering problems which have not been clearly defined and may not have similar precedents available.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, revises existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Delivers technical presentations.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve complex engineering problems, using specialized equipment, and/or by creating or using computer programs, models, or simulations.
- Prepares and presents project technical results, recommendations, and solutions to internal and external customers.
- Provides input and status to project leaders on technical content, cost, schedule, and workload requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to resolve complex technical problems and implement solutions.
- Provides technical review and guidance to other engineers in area of expertise.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Advises management on new development and programs.
- May direct the work of less senior technical personnel.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies and rules.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical results to customers.
- Specialized technical knowledge of relevant military and commercial design standards.
- Certain positions may require specialized technical knowledge.
Certain positions may require a specific technical degree or prefer a MS or PhD degree. Prefer engineering experience with relevant applications in a defense environment.
BS degree in a relevant technical discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience plus 5 years relevant experience; or a MS degree and 3 years' experience; or a PhD in a relevant technical discipline.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Crisi Mintz joined the Contract Professionals, Inc. team as a Technical Recruiter in January 2023, in order to support efforts to bring the Arizona recruitment team to scale.
A Zillow 5-Star Premier Agent, Crisi has been a licensed realtor for more than 15 years. During her career in real estate, her fiduciary responsibilities included residential, commercial, and investor clients for complex real estate transitions. She also facilitated timely closings, conducted complex negotiations, developed and executed marketing strategies, and managed budgets. Throughout her career, Crisi developed a reputation as an expert salesperson and master problem solver.
This is not Crisi’s first time at Contract Professionals, Inc. Crisi first joined the Contract Professionals, Inc. team in 1993. She was recruited by the management team to sit on the “Operations Action Team” in pursuit of ISO-9000.
Crisi holds BA in Business Administration from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.