Sr Embedded Software Engineer - Cybersecurity
Sterling Heights, MI US
The ideal candidate will have experience and/or passion for cyber security. The function of this position is to develop applications for the Cyber and Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) product realization team across the US market and participate in the development of products and services for Ground Combat Platforms.
- Apply computer science, engineering, and analysis concepts in the development of software for combat system hardware
- Work closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system
- Participate in all phases of the cyber software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and formal test
- Develop applications, maintain cyber and software tools, scripts and eXtensible Markup Language (XML) files to implement and/ or verify proper configurations
- .Perform cyber software engineering and development duties to ensure the software applications are maintained in accordance with all accreditation and configuration control requirements
- Develop data/ message protocol transformation mechanisms/ applications, enabling interoperability between multiple data-sharing domains
- Program with a variety of software languages in a Security Enhanced Linux-environment; utilize Yocto / generate BitBake recipes
- Evaluate new Cyber and C5ISR technologies for potential use on Client' s products
- Manage, develop, support and conduct trade studies/structured decisions for Cyber test design, environment, and tools. Including system-level impacts to include balance of capability, cost, reliability, schedule improvement, and performance across a Cyber, C5ISR vehicle suite
- Programming experience in high level languages such as C#, Java, C++ or Ada. Openness to learning customer specified languages.
- Minimum of 10 years software engineering experience, 15 years' experience preferred.
- Experience with Yocto and Bitbake (Top Requirement)
- Significant experience and familiarity operating in a Linux Environment
- Experience with Object Oriented Programing (OOP) Principles
- Familiarity with basics of Networking or IPC (TCP, UDP, Queues, Pipes, Domain Sockets, SHM, Packet Capture and Analysis, etc)
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
- Familiarity with user story or ticketing software (Rally, Jira, Asana, etc)
- Good ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Good ability to handle ever increasing responsibility and assignments with growing complexity
- Good ability to be a team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Working knowledge of software tools such as Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control (git), defect reporting
- Experience in interpreting higher level customer requirements and implementing them in software
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- The flexibility to work non-duty hours or on weekends as needed by the project (We pay overtime unlike many software companies – but we try to not ever need it)
- Must satisfy Anthropometric Size Restrictions for access to military vehicles and be able to climb on vehicles and pass through hatches
Skills Preferred (desired, not required):
- SELinux policy development experience
- Familiarity with scripting in Bash or Python
- Familiarity with Symmetric and Asymmetric Encryption (TLS/SSL, File Encryption, etc), Hashing and Digital Signatures
- Familiarity with various electrical line replaceable units and the development and troubleshooting on electronic hardware
- Experience with embedded systems, automotive and military related
Bachelor' s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferably in the area of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Cybersecurity from an ABET accredited university (Relevant cyber technical certificates will be considered)
Applicant must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to hire. This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!