Sr Principal Application Developer
Scottsdale, AZ US
Representative Duties and Tasks:
- Consults and collaborates with business leaders, end user, IT staff, vendors, and other third parties and is involved in every phase of application development lifecycle
- Predominately the role uses development and applications administration / support skills in the configuration, customization, maintenance, and interfacing of Commercial of the Shelf (CoTs) business applications in the infrastructure
- Their responsibilities include requirements specification, solution design, prototype plans, developing and testing code, solution release, and supporting issue analysis and resolution
- Collaborates with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Designs creative prototypes according to specifications
- Writes high quality source code to program complete applications within schedule deadlines.
- Ensures application interoperability with IT infrastructure components while ensuring compliance with wide-ranging information security requirements
- Ensures application integration interoperability with other applications or subsystems (e.G. Interface management, data integration systems, job automation)
- Performs unit and integration testing before launch
- Tests code using sample data sets to ensure the output from the program meets the requirements
- Conducts functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoots and debug applications
- Evaluates existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develops technical documents to accurately represent application design and code
- Recommends coding fixes to resolve outstanding issues and work to enhance applications to automate business process as best possible
- Leads, plans, and executes projects, small initiatives, and/or cross-functional teams
- Manages high risk, high profile, tight schedule, and complex outcomes with composure
- Breaks down " barriers to progress" & motivates less experienced members of the team to action
- Performs other duties as directed
Knowledge Skills And Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of business stakeholder requirements, gain a thorough understanding of their desired business outcomes and how they translate to application features.
- Evidence of ability to act highly independently on large and unique tasks and wide-ranging initiatives using subject matter expertise of the Application Development discipline.
- Exhibits subject matter expertise regarding how IT solutions are constructed and in-depth expert application administration knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience as a developer, systems integrator, systems engineer or solutions architect.
- Experience with Salesforce Custom Objects, Salesforce data models and development with Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) and Salesforce Object Search Language (SOQL) queries, data integrations, API development, reports, dashboards, formulas, validation rules and workflows.
- Experience with Salesforce Communities
- Experience using Salesforce.Com data tools (e.G. Data loader, Excel Connector, etc.)
- Experience integrating Salesforce cloud solution with enterprise applications, identity and access management (IAM) solutions and 3rd party products.
- Intermediate knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools and languages.
- A history that illustrates flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs and shows the ability to recognize need for change
- Significant ability to program in at least on programming language (e.G., such as C#, Java, .Net) and SQL scripts and other scripting languages
- Act with speed, personal accountability, energy, and determination to overcome adversity, maximize team productivity, and deliver effective business results
- Certified application developer indicating a degree of appropriate foundational knowledge is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and complex problem-solving capability.
- Significant knowledge of software design and programming principles
- Demonstrated presentation, oral/written communication, and inter-personal skills including the ability to: anticipate, influence & adapt to a wide range of audiences; cultivate relationships and leverage organizational understanding to facilitate decision making and buy-in
- Has ability to evaluate intangibles in the analysis of significant and unique initiatives, situations, alternatives, proposals, designs, architectures, risks, data, systems, and constructs
- Demonstrated experience as an application developer and designing and building applications
- Significant experience developing solutions to extremely complex, cross-domain, problems requiring significant business acumen, technical knowledge, ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Significant organizational skills including superior ability to lead initiatives and cross functional projects; a facility to handle multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously; a track record of exercising independent judgment appropriately; and the ability to quickly understand and execute complex assignments when working on high profile outcomes with inherent risk
- Demonstrated track record of being capable of working with significant uncertainty, resistance, barriers, issues and challenges, converting uncertainty into quantifiable impact, risk and mitigating actions
- Significant understanding of solutions development methodologies (e.G. DevOps, Agile, Software Development Lifecycle, etc.)
Bachelor' s degree in Information Technology, Engineering and/or related field or equivalent experience, plus 10 years of related experience or Master' s degree and 8 years of related experience.
Preferred Degree Types and Experience:
Salesforce certification/s desired plus 2+ years of direct experience with SFDC development highly desired.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
A seasoned recruiting and sales professional with more than 7 years of industry experience, Jason Briggs joins the Contract Professionals, Inc. (CPI) team as the Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division in Scottsdale, Arizona.
With a talent for creative problem solving and coalition building, Jason started his career at Oxford and Associates in 2013, generating $2.3 million in sales by targeting the hardware, software, IT, and science & technology industries.
Subsequently, Jason joined KT Consulting as a Federal Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Recruiter focusing on winning and staffing One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS-SB) Proposals and Contracts for the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
Relocating to Arizona in 2017, Jason is originally from Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a focus in Risk Management.
Jason attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin where he was exposed to JROTC leadership education training and military sciences. He has served on alumni executive board for the University of Wisconsin Stout's National social philanthropy fraternity, Phi Sigma Phi. Jason also continues to provide support for local dog rescue organizations in the Phoenix area by donating time and participating in local adoption events.