Sr. Adv. Telecom Systems Engineer
An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is preferred at the time of submission. All applicants must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within 24 months of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the work performed within our client’ s facility, U.S. Citizenship is required. No third-party applicants will be considered.
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Telephony: VoIP/SIP, 3GPP, GPRS, WCDMA
- Call Flows, Layered System Architecture, Network Security
- Telecommunications testing processes and techniques
- Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- Performs customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components)
- Performs detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or system elements
- Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.G., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- May support the development of system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
- Contributes to detailed technical analyses at the system of system (SOS) level
- Synthesizes solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Leads Modeling and Simulation activities
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Excellent knowledge of other related disciplines
- Excellent proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Recognizes various architectural patterns and applies them appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to get buy-in on concepts and ideas
- Creative thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Excellent ability to clearly report information relevant to sound systems engineering design
- Displays excellent leadership skills and critical thinking skills
- May make decisions and develop concepts that have long-lasting influence on the future course of the division, function, or program
- Travel may be required
- DoD Secret Security clearance is preferred
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.