Sr. Advanced Designer Drafting Technician
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Associate' s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. All education requirements will be verified.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs detailed design and documentation of mechanical components or subsystems.
- Manages own design sub-tasks in support of the duties within the project assigned
- Contributes to design and documentation of semi-complex mechanical components as active member of project team
- Produces two-dimensional (2D) or three-dimensional (3D) CAD work product output for fabrication and assembly
- Generates mechanical designs considering material requirements and functional characteristics
- Generates and checks semi-complex to complex drawings
- Performs tolerance analysis studies as required
- Creates new and/or revises existing drawings using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, and bills of material for our products
- Determines scaling; inserts necessary reference planes, centering and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning; prepares specifications for parts, assemblies, and installations; prepares complete production detail drawings; contributes design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Checks drawings versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standard engineering drafting practices and standards
- Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/ECR documentation
- Advanced or senior level position
- Open to new ideas and can serve as a champion for change and acts to support change when directed from management.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Distinct knowledge of material requirements, fabrication techniques, and manufacturability concepts
- Distinct knowledge of design principles and techniques including computer aided design (CAD)
- Trained/ experienced in the use of current strategic CAD tools (Pro-E/Creo or Solid Works preferred)
- Distinct knowledge of the strategic CAD and file management tools
- Distinct knowledge of design documentation standards (e.G ASME Y14.5M, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
- Distinct knowledge of mechanical stress; structural, thermal and tolerance analysis.
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.