Sr. Backup Administrator - 2nd Shift
Due to the nature of work at our client' s facility, U.S. Citizenship is required and no third-party applicants will be considered.
The candidate will provide data protection solutions for customers matching their business requirements. Implement and configure hyper-converged data protection solution. Work collaboratively with other IT teams to migrate physical servers, virtual machines, databases and other enterprise data sources to a new data protection platform. Troubleshoot implementation, configuration and operations issues.
Bachelor' s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Assist with implementation of new data protection solution (Rubrik) and migration from CommVault/NetBackup systems.
- Works independently and as part of a team to repair migration defects
- Responds promptly to day-to-day client problems, requests or inquiries
- May lead the creation and maintenance of system documentation
- Implements necessary configurations to ensure compliance with security policies and procedures
- May develop test plans to validate integrity of backups
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of disaster recovery concepts, including RPO, RTO and retention
- Knowledge of backup systems, principles and concepts
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX Server operating systems and basic network principles
- Knowledge of SQL and Exchange backup concepts
- Knowledge of NetApp and EMC storage systems is desired
- Ability to understand and apply standard policies and procedures and provide input for the creation of detailed work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with non-technical and technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of individuals including technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively as part of a high-performing team
- Demonstrates the ability to identify risks and suggest remediation plans
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be a significant contributor to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives
- ***Must be able to work 2nd shift (typical hours are 3pm – 12am)
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience supporting enterprise level backup, preferably with Rubrik, CommVault and/or NetBackup.
- Experience with MS Exchange, SQL and Oracle databases is desired
- Experience with virtual machines (VMware) required
- Experience with cloud storage and/or backup technologies desired
- Experience with NetApp and EMC VNX storage systems desired
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.