Sr. Combat Vehicle Design Engineer
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
#1 (Project Engineer - Combat Vehicle) Job Description Summary
This position will perform various combat vehicle design and performance comparison studies. The combat vehicle studies will identify and compare key performance parameters and design characteristics of various families of combat vehicles. This information will support developing necessary combat vehicle design skill sets, design concepts, and inputs into manufacturing processes and tooling.
#2 (Project Engineer) Job Description Summary
This position will be responsible for developing and integrating Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and Situational Awareness capabilities within cost, performance, schedule and risk constraints. This position will require both a mechanical and electrical understanding of ADAS and SA components and functions including camera and radar based systems, video day and IR cameras, thermal image fusion and heads up displays. This position will work with other Corporate technology teams to leverage existing ADAS and SA designs, develop trade studies, and apply existing or create new derivative capabilities to meet TWV platform unique requirements. This position will also provide background and direction to other engineers and designers in the area of ADAS and SA.
Responsible for engineering project(s) within a design and development program. Position may include the supervision of engineers and designers. Perform high level engineering analysis and design of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required
2. Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
3. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
4. Communicate project objectives to team members
5. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
6. Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
7. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
8. Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status reporting, project communication, quality assurance, research and historical records
9. Perform engineering analysis to support to the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
10. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the client. Conduct duties consistent with the Company' s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
11. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
12. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
13. Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented
14. Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success. Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives
15. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
16. Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
17. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
o • Bachelor' s of Science in Engineering
o • 5-plus years of related experience
o • Experience with a high level cad system
o • PMP certification
o • Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
o • Strong verbal and written communication skills
o • Excellent time management and organizational skills
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.