Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Education requirements will be verified.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs software requirements analysis, system integration activities, leads research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products.
- Performs technical planning, verification and validation of others work, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Performs analysis for all levels of total system product to include concept, design, architecture, user experience, test, installation, operation, maintenance
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex solutions
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into software solutions utilizing whatever development lifecycle techniques or model will yield the optimal results (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in internal review of software components and systems.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced professional having a wide range of professional experience and possessing a strong understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories and expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Strong knowledge of the software development process as well as software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Strong knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting.
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.