Sr. GPS Systems Engineer
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Leads requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with little or no supervision.
- Leads technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements.
- Leads customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components).
- Leads detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or system elements to include: concept, requirements, design, fabrication, integration, test, acceptance, delivery, installation, training, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Contributes to detailed technical analyses at the System of System (SOS) level.
- Leads evaluations of systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications.
- Leads Modeling and Simulation activities.
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Effectively chooses the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products.
- Performs or leads the development of technical strategies and teaming strategies on multiple projects.
- Contributes to Product Family/Product Lines.
- Supervises or manages lower level employees.
- Leads technical tasks for large teams or projects.
- Leads small technical proposals and contributes to medium sized proposals.
- May be a book boss on a medium proposal.
- Leads the generation of medium to large subcontract Statement of Works (SOWs).
- May function in a Deputy Program Manager Engineering (DPME) role.
- Keeps abreast of technology trends and communicates these trends to other.
- Agile experience preferred.
- Demonstrated use, understanding and tailoring of Hi Rel GPS systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories. Experience with GPS receivers, hardware, software, GPS simulation, and GPS testing.
- Demonstrated proficiency with requirements management, system design & system modeling tools.
- Recognizes various architectural patterns, applies them appropriately, understands strengths/weaknesses within those architectures and develops architectural variations as necessary.
- Familiar with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated skills in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly report information relevant to sound systems engineering design.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. This assignment is a U.S. Government Contract. Due to the work performed within our client' s facility, U.S. Citizenship is required. No third-party applicants will be considered.
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.