Sr. IT Systems Administrator
Annapoli Junction, MD
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus 6 years of relevant experience.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems
- Serves as a front line interface to users with technical issues
- Makes recommendations for hardware and software purchase
- Interacts with third-party technology vendors and internal database staff
- Conducts systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies
- Duties may include installing new software, troubleshooting, granting permissions to applications and training users
- The Server System Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day support of Server services
- Performs Server administration for Server Operating Systems
- Performs administration of physical and virtualized servers
- Responsible for the configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of physical and virtual hardware
- Configures, maintains and troubleshoots network related interfaces on servers
- Performs OS and vendor software patching on servers
- Leads medium sized continuous process improvement efforts
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods
- Must have hands-on experience developing, deploying and supporting large-scaleA^ enterprise server solutions.
- Linus & Windows OS experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with non-technical, technical audiences, and IT leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of individuals including technical and non-technical staff, and IT leadership
- Ability to work individually or collaboratively as part of a high-performance team
- Demonstrated ability to write policies, procedures, and create system documentation
- Enhanced troubleshooting skills within the Server OS as well as both networking and storage technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Physical and Virtual Server support
- Advanced knowledge of access, permissions and security that gives the clients the access to the data they need to perform their daily activities
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Information Technology
- CompTIA Security+ Certification.
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.