Sr. Machine Operator
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Plans CNC machining by studying work orders, blueprints, CAD files, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Sets-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers
- Loads materials into CNC machines to be formed and shaped
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces
- Adjusts machine speeds and feeds and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications
- Inspects products upon completion to ensure it matches specifications
- Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer' s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Interfaces with employees and managers within the department and Manufacturing Engineering
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and follow instructions including blueprints
- General math and computer skills to include MS applications and email
- General attention to detail
- General interpersonal skills to cooperate and work effectively with others
- General organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Able to use mechanical hand and simple power tools
- Requires general knowledge of CNC equipment
- General knowledge of general safety procedures
High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of related CNC Machining experience. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.