Sr. Material Handler
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 6 years of related experience. An AA Degree or certification in assigned area preferred. All education requirements will be verified.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manage logistics of incoming material flow and proper distribution, delivery and inventory at the engineering site (labs and stock room)
- Track receipt of orders in local inventory database and place materials in the appropriate location in our stockroom or lab
- Perform inventory analysis, and optimize material utilization to save on costs
- Work closely with design teams to understand bills of material and develop material acquisition plan (including identifying long lead items)
- Submit budget requests for approval to prepare supply chain in material ordering
- Track project budget expenditures using Excel, and relevant corporate on-line tools, and report out to technical and program teams regularly
- Create purchase requests, track deliveries, expedite orders, resolve shipping issues, manage incoming materials,
- Communicate with and arrange meetings with suppliers as needed
- Support technical team with administrative and process tasks and documentation
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience in setting up and maintaining databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in the purchase, delivery and inventory of materials
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to priorities tasks quickly and seamlessly
- Well organized and timely approach to tasks
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of commitment and ownership
- Familiarity with telecom and fiber communication materials technologies is a plus
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.