Sr. Principal Software Engineer 1
Scottsdale, AZ US
ROLE AND POSITION OBJECTIVES:
As a systems/Software I&T engineer for SDA O&I/GMI program, you'll be a member of a cross functional team responsible for developing and deploying the state-of-the-art ground operational system.
We encourage you to apply if you have any of these preferred skills or experiences:
- Satellite communications knowledge
- Ground to Satellite communication knowledge
- Ground operations experience
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinker with demonstrated success leading the software development life cycle
- Collaborative team player eager to provide technical leadership and position others for success
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with notable record of securing buy-in on concepts and ideas
- Experienced in the art of negotiation with ability to meet challenging customer requirements with win-win solutions
- Commitment to ongoing professional development for yourself and others
This position is Hybrid/Flex as desired.
While on-site, you will be a part of the SDA team at the Scottsdale location
Additional Skillsets needed:
- DevSecOps experience with some of the following platform/tools:
- CI/CD pipeline development
- Test automation
- Missile Warning/Missile Tracking system integration, test, operations experience
- Familiar with Agile philosophies and processes
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 10+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 8 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required within a reasonable amount of time after hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 15, Phoenix 11, and Kingston 8. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.