Sr. Principal Structural Analysis Engineer
San Diego, CA
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
The selected candidate will perform structural analysis on metallic and composite airframe structures.
Analyzes, researches and develops structural engineering specifications involving metals, non-metallic or composite structural materials for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs. Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling. Specific structural engineering specialties may include dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue and thermal analysis.
• Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
• Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines during the development of design solutions.
• Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications.
• BS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and a minimum of 9 years of experience in Aerospace structural analysis or MS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) with 7 years of experience.
• Experience in Metallic or Composite Structural Analysis of primary and secondary aircraft structures.
• Experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large FE Models using NASTRAN, FEMAP or other FEM tools.
• Experience working on military aircraft
• NX NASTRAN or FEMAP experience
• Fatigue (crack initiation) analysis experience
• Structural test experience
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."