Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
Active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required prior to submission. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the work performed within our client' s facility, U.S. Citizenship is required. No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position!
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem, system elements and/or components with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer. Also performs detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or system elements.
- Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements.
- Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications as well as develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems.
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.G., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly.
- Contributes to detailed technical analyses at the system of system (SOS) level.
- Synthesizes solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints .
- Leads Modeling and Simulation activities.
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle.
- Researches, designs, and develops systems, in conjunction with software and hardware product development, applying principles and techniques of systems engineering, modeling and simulation and analysis.
- Provides leadership and/or direction to lower level employees as well as leads technical tasks for small teams or projects and provides engineering support to proposals.
- Participates in or leads SOW generation for subcontracts as well as exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and projects.
- Plans and executes significant project tasks for activities described above
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
- Frequent contact with managers within and outside of Engineering, as well as project teams across the company and external customers and vendors. Occasional contact with Business Development.
- Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Contributes to the achievement of business objectives and the development of new theories and method.
- ***Travel may be required – 20%
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Very strong use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Very strong knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Very strong proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools.
- Magic Draw experience and SysML background.
- Agile design/development experience.
- Recognizes various architectural patterns and applies them appropriately.
- Very strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to get buy-in on concepts and ideas.
- Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions as well as strong ability to clearly report information relevant to sound systems engineering design.
- Very strong understanding of basic project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.