Sr. RF Systems Engineer
San Jose, CA
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred. All education requirements are verified. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Senior RF Systems Engineers analyze customer requirements and develops RF-based SIGINT solutions to support program execution and business development. Additional responsibilities include:
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs.
- Leverages system analysis, design, verification, delivery, and troubleshooting experience to improve program execution and new system offerings
- Leads requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation, and interface definition
- Supports technical and cost proposals to meet challenging customer requirements
- Lead engineering groups in technical execution and improved processes.
- Synthesizes solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Perform mission, functional, cost-benefit, and risk analysis
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Effectively chooses the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Works on advanced architectures that may result in new business for the company
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system design weaknesses
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of RF-based SIGINT and COMINT system architecture and design
- Experience with satellite orbital data and missions
- Substantial use, understanding and tailoring of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- System requirements definition, decomposition, flow down, and traceability
- Substantial proficiency with requirements management, system design & system modeling tools
- System-level and software-level integration and test, including formal test plans and procedures
- Substantial written and verbal communications skills, including presentations to internal stakeholders, executive management, and customers
- Substantial understanding and ability to apply project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, and Cost Account Management (CAM)
- Able to travel worldwide, up to 20% expected
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/MSEE with at least 10 years of experience
- RF background and the ability to clearly articulate, verbally and in writing, new concepts and capabilities to discriminating customers
- Satellite Communications collection systems, including antenna earth terminals and communications protocols
- System-level signal, RF path, and link budget analyses
- Communications Intelligence (COMINT), Direction Finding (DF) and geolocation systems.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.