Sr. Software Support Specialist
Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today's dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation's most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the work performed within our client's facility, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Bachelors of Science degree or Technology degree, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs software requirements analysis, participates in research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
- Codes, tests, integrates and documents software solutions
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of software
- Participates in internal review of software components and systems
- Receives general instructions and guidance from immediate supervisor and works on problems with defined scope, schedule and expectations
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
- Generally works within an identified work group and responsible for resolution of problems and issues of moderate scope and complexity
- May provide work direction to other employees as a technical lead
- Failure to accomplish results or errors may cause project delays or require the allocation of additional resources
- Collaborates with project leaders and other professionals within the Engineering department
- May work with organizations outside engineering or with external customers
- Builds stable working relationships internally
- Travel may be required
- Security clearance may be required
- Keeps abreast of technology trends and champions new ideas and product and process improvements
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional and experienced understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories and skilled at applying technical standards
- Solid knowledge of the software development process
- Solid ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle ever increasing responsibility and assignments with growing complexity
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Exercises independent judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Solid ability to be a team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Solid knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
- Ability to be creative, innovative and responsible, and able to master solid decision-making skills
- Skilled at learning and applying company policies and procedures to resolve more complex issues
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Solid ability to recognize and clearly report relevant information
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Solid ability to use the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- C++/Java or other OO Language
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.