Sr. Software Systems Engineer
An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is REQUIRED at the time of submission. All applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the work performed within our client' s facility, U.S. Citizenship is required. No third-party applicants will be considered.
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Virtualization, Cloud computing, Hyper Convergence technologies and processes
- Acquisition, Deployment, Configuration, Maintenance Strategies for advanced software systems
- Supports selection of hardware and software product to support a large, virtualized software system
- Design of software system redundancy and failover capabilities
- Understand storage, database, archive and backup requirements for large IT systems
- DevOp for rapid development, test and deployment of large IT systems
- Concepts of implementing sandbox concepts for testing and evaluations of deployments prior to them being used for actual operations
- Participates in requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis (e.G. Timing, power, etc.), design, integration, and verification of electrical components, equipment and systems
- Applies principles and techniques of Engineering
- Performs engineering root cause analysis for issues, conducts experimental tests, evaluates results to formulate and implement solutions to issues
- Participates in reviews of components, equipment and systems
- Evaluates vendor capability to support product development
- Applies a good understanding of the organizationally defined processes used throughout the lifecycle of the program or project
- Supports the generation of engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle
- Contributes to the research and analysis of data, such as customer design proposal specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specification and reliability
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of network architecture
- Knowledge of cellular infrastructure solutions is a plus
- System requirements definition and flow down
- System-level and software-level integration and test
- Developing formal test plans and procedures
- Leading engineering teams
- Experience with integrating and testing in a Windows or Linux environment
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle, including configuration management
- Must be self-motivated and proactive to learn the software and system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in presenting technical briefings
Director of IT Business Development
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.