Sr. Systems Administrator
San Jose, CA
This assignment is a U.S. Government Contract. Due to the work performed within our client' s facility, U.S. Citizenship is required. No third-party applicants will be considered.
An active DoD TS/SCI with polygraph is REQUIRED prior to submittal. All applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Security+ certification is also required.
Bachelor' s degree in a computer science, information technology, engineering, or scientific field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Engineer SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. In accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Install and configure systems to support program developed applications
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards to DoD grade security
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
Sr. Systems Admin should have the following experience/skill-sets to perform hands-on technical functions:
- Experience in deployment and administration of Linux, Sun/Oracle Solaris, Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience in design, deployment, and administration of virtualization products
- Scripting experience (bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience in multiple platforms and operating systems is desired
- Networking experience with designing, configuring, and troubleshooting
- Experience in security hardening
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or higher (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Technology (RedHat/Oracle, Linux, MSCE, etc.) with hands on technical system expertise
- Experience in system debugging
- Troubleshooting and fixing OS and peripheral issues
- Backup and restore
- User account creation and deletion
- Documentation skills with MS Word and Visio
- Possess understanding of security services based on:
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Defense Security Service (DSS)
- Defense Information Services Agency (DISA)
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.