Sr. Thermal Management Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
Elevate Your Impact: Join us as a Sr. Thermal Management Engineer and play a key role in designing and developing heating, cooling, and ventilation systems for cutting-edge ground combat vehicles. Your expertise in mechanical and thermal engineering will drive innovation and ensure top-tier performance.
- Lead mechanical and thermal design engineering for power pack, electronics, and HVAC systems.
- Develop vehicle-level performance requirements and engineering design specifications.
- Generate and evaluate alternative concepts, conducting trade study analyses.
- Select and integrate HVAC components and subsystems.
- Monitor weight, cost, thermal, and power allocations.
- Create and maintain Technical Data Packages (TDPs) and release drawings to the Engineering Release Plan (ERP).
- Prepare technical documents such as Statements of Work (SOW), Critical Item Development Specifications (CIDS), Interface Control Documents (ICD), and Source Selection Plans (SSP) for RFPs.
- Manage supplier relationships, evaluate cost quotes, and oversee design development progress.
- Provide technical guidance to suppliers during design development and validation.
- Prepare comprehensive technical reports and proposals and present at formal Design Reviews.
- Conduct engineering evaluations in a laboratory environment.
- Investigate and implement corrective actions for production, supplier, or field issues.
- Support prototype builds, create test plans, execute tests, and generate test reports.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and provide direction to designers and prototype shop personnel.
- Plan, organize, and maintain project records to ensure successful project completion within budget and schedule.
- Develop plans and estimates for future projects in response to customer and contractual requirements.
- Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years in a related role
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical and thermal engineering principles
- Experience in prototype and/or production build activities
- Familiarity with Teamcenter and Vis Mockup is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 20% to other facilities if needed.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Previous experience working on ground combat Vehicles desired
- Flexibility for occasional evening/weekend overtime as required.
- This position may require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
- This position may require the candidate to be able to climb on/off, work in, and work around military vehicles. Must be able to pass ASR test (Anthropometric Size Requirement for confined space)
Why you should apply: You will be shaping the future of ground combat vehicle technology for a prominent aerospace and defense company. Your expertise is not just valued, it' s the driving force behind impactful change.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.