Steering Systems Engineer
Steering Systems Variable (Applications) Engineer. Responsible for the design, development, test, and evaluation of forward model steering systems for North American applications. Also responsible for current model actions including engineering changes to improve quality, reduce cost/weight, and improve function. Responsible for managing the trade-offs necessary to deliver Steering content that meets all functional/performance requirements, while also achieving all cost/quality targets. Also, paramount is the ability to contribute to the global Chassis objectives while keeping a customer focused mindset.
- Strong technical aptitude High learning agility Strong leadership skills
- Manufacturing Processes Quality Systems
- Demonstrated experience with leading cross functional teams
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in supplier management (delivery, quality, issue resolution)
Previous experience with light, medium, or heavy truck. Pervious experience in chassis systems. Previous OEM experience.
- BS Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Mechatronics, or equivalent)
- This position will require travel to supplier manufacturing locations both local and out of state and some will require overnight stay.
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.