No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Education requirements will be verified
Provide data storage solutions for customer matching their business requirements. Implement and configure storage Infrastructure NetApp (NAS) storage environments. Work collaboratively with other IT teams to migrate virtual machines, LUNs, databases and data shares to new storage platforms. Perform validation of NetApp storage configurations before handover to operations team. Troubleshoot implementation, configuration and operations issues. Work primarily in NetApp storage environments and Dell EMC storage knowledge is also preferred.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Perform Data Migration from older NetApp and EMC devices to newer additional storage technology and improve infrastructure service locally and remotely
- Configure SAN (iSCSI, FC, FCOE LUNs) and NAS storage
- May perform advanced storage related administration of physical and virtualized servers
- Works independently, within standard processes, to repair any migration defects
- Responds promptly to day-to-day client problems, requests or inquiries
- May lead the creation and maintenance of system documentation
- Runs scripts and tools to automate repetitive processes and provides inputs for improvements
- Implements necessary configurations to ensure compliance with security policies and procedures
- May develop test plans for migrated data
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Broad application of storage principles, theories, and concepts
- Solid understanding of Windows and UNIX Server operating systems and basic network principles.
- Hands-on administration experience with NetApp storage systems is required
- Hands-on administration experience with Dell EMC systems is highly desired
- Ability to understand and apply standard policies and procedures and provide input for the creation of detailed work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with non-technical and technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of individuals including technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively as part of a high-performing team
- Must have hands-on experience supporting enterprise server and storage solutions, including NetApp (ONTap and 7-mode), EMC, VMware, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify risks and suggest remediation plans
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to be a significant contributor to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives.
- Experience with automation and scripting methods such as Ansible, PowerShell and REST is preferred
- Experience using RoboCopy and other data migration tools
- Experience with virtualized environments required
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.