Strategic Supply Chain Material Estimator
This assignment is a U.S. Government Contract. Due to the work performed within our client' s facility, U.S. Citizenship is required. No third-party applicants will be considered.
Bachelor' s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree without work experience. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor' s degree with 2 years' experience in logistics estimating. Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel and the Office Suite.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Works with management to address all aspects of supply chain management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing and product availability
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and agreements, and ensures all procurement actions which commit the company are properly documented, reviewed and approved consistent with policy and procedure and is able to identify potential risks in terms and conditions
- Consolidates requirements, issues status reports, and negotiates pricing, discounts, and terms and conditions
- Performs cost or price analysis on procurements of moderate value, risk and complexity
- On proposals documents terms and conditions, price, delivery, quality, and performance requirements on moderately complex procurements
- Coordinates risk assessments and creates risk management plans for moderate risk procurements
- Works in a developing Supply chain management organization that is driving material commonality in an effort to reduce product risks and costs improving procurement turn time, while applying sound procurement principles
- Participates in continuous improvement activities to drive material commonality cost, schedule and risk reductions
- Acts as liaison between the programs team, other functional areas, and suppliers
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understands relevant policy and procedures, including Quality processes, Counterfeit Parts, and other compliance requirements such as client' s policies/procedures, federal, state, Federal Acquisition Requirements/DFAR, and local laws
- Has advanced knowledge of assigned commodities
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment while demonstrating superior presentation, communication, team building and leadership skills that may be required to have regular communication with business leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Advanced understanding of procurement laws and regulations
- Advanced analytical skills applied to increasingly complicated data
- Advanced negotiation skills applied to increasingly complex price analysis strategies
- Contractor purchasing experience, Federal Acquisition knowledge
- Advanced understanding of ERP/MRP systems and applies procurement strategies
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.