Supervisor of UAW represented hourly personnel in a manufacturing plant
• 1+ years' experience in Microsoft Office knowledge (Word/Excel/Outlook) • 1+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience: o Body shop /stamping / subassembly, or manufacturing assembly and machining experience desired o Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles o Safety and MP&L experience preferred o Knowledge of constraint management principles o Microsoft Office knowledge (Word/Excel/Outlook)
• High School Diploma or GED
• Education: Bachelor' s degree in Industrial Operations, Transportation & Logistics, Supply Chain Management & Information Systems, Applied Engineering Science, Packaging Engineering, or Business Mgmt.
• Ensure proper material flow from receiving dock, to warehouse storage location, to the production line feed location, to the delivery of finished product to customers • Provide direction and support in the allocation of resources in order to appropriately cover material handling responsibilities • Support Ford Production System and synchronous material flow through lean manufacturing practices • Lead and manage unionized hourly personnel • Work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends • Work independently with limited supervision • Assign work to unionized hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms of safety, quality, and throughput • Show strong organizational and administrative skills • Multi-task in a high volume environment • Show strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
Recruiting Team Leader of Automotive Branch
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
Today, Matt is proud to the Recruiting Team Leader of the Automotive Branch. His primary role is to oversee the automotive recruiters as they work to fulfill client expectations.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.