System Administrator 4
Clearance: Position of Public Trust
Must be U.S Citizenship or Green Card Holder
Schedule: Typical M-F On-Site, Some Weekends, On-Call
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Install and Maintain Mainframe Third Party Software
• Install and Maintain Mainframe IBM Software
• Perform hardware installations and configurations
• Support all aspects of mainframe TCP/IP and SNA networks that includes configuring and troubleshooting
• Install, Maintain, and Configure CICS
• Establish high levels of security via RACF
• System Performance Tuning and Reporting in a Mainframe environment
• Perform Complex System Upgrades and Changes
• Resolve System Software Problems
• Adherence to All Customer Contract Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
· Bachelor degree and 10 years experience or additional 14 years of specialized experience in lieu of degree
· Experience ordering, installing, and maintaining mainframe software
· Experience in analyzing and solving mainframe system software problems
· Experience with mainframe system backup and recovery
· Successfully employ technology to improve efficiency, reliability, and security
· Good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multi-task across different projects
· Self-motivated, highly committed, ability to work independently, perform well within cross-functional teams, work under
strict deadlines with attention to detail
· Proactive, results oriented
· Motivated self-starter with a Can Do attitude and a proven track record of high customer service and exceptional delivery
· Develop and maintain product vendor relationships.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Experience with TSO, z/OS R2V2 or higher, SMP/E, IBM utilities
Proficient in Microsoft Office software use
State Government customer hosting or data center project experience
Mainframe support and services delivery on a firm fixed price (FFP), service level requirements penalty bearing contract·
Data Center mainframe outsourcing support and services
Technical lead of a major mainframe upgrade or a complete mainframe full system transition project
Excellent customer relationship skills
Installing, upgrading, and maintaining network appliances
Installing and maintaining major subsystems such as DB2 and CICS
Installing and maintaining mainframe networking interfaces, such as Enterprise Extender, TCP/IP, and TN3270
Installing, upgrading, and configuring mainframe hardware and peripherals
Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
Disaster Recovery Certification(s)
ITIL Foundations V3 Certification
CISCO Certifications (CCNA, CCNP).
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."