System Safety Engineer
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred. All education requirements are verified.
Qualifications: DAR or DER designation is an important qualification for this position.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), system and subsystem hazard analysis, software functional hazard analysis, hazard mitigation and Safety related documentation generation
- Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and safety cost estimates
- Performs customer requirements analysis, develops system safety requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (elements and components)
- Performs detailed technical safety analyses for a subsystem or system elements
- Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental safety specifications and standards
- You have background and knowledge in System Safety and Human Factors Engineering. Strong working knowledge with Military Standards and Practices: MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-1472, MIL-H-46855 and MIL-HDBK-454 preferred
- Experience with DO-178C Level A and DO-254 Level A certifications, a history of PSAC and HSAC generation, and the required background in compliant software development processes
- Able to develop system safety documentation on both new and fielded information systems
- Participates in Modeling and Simulation
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for mitigating hazards/hazard conditions
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system safety design weaknesses
- Principal involvement in obtaining more than one FAA; Type Certificate (TC), Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) and/or Parts Manufacture Approval (PMA)
- Principal involvement in obtaining more multiple FAA; Technical Standard Order (TSO)
- Comfortable reaching out to Deputy Program Managers Engineering (DPME), Directors of Engineering (DOE) and other professionals within the Engineering department and with project teams across the company
- Frequent contact with external customers
- You are comfortable assembling System Safety Working Groups (SSWG) and leading SSWG activities, including scheduling of meetings and review, interpretation and presentation of team input
- Able to leverage external contacts with vendors, testing laboratories, and other experts to mitigate any shortcomings in airworthiness strategies.
- Serves as the Airworthiness expert for internal and external Customers.
- ***Travel may be required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven background to successfully complete all the responsibilities of this position.
- Experience with Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) procedures
- Holder or former holder of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Designated Airworthiness Representative (DAR) or Designated Engineering Representative (DER) credentials
- Knowledge of requirements management & system modeling tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Proficient ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Proficient ability to clearly report relevant to sound systems engineering design.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.