System Safety Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
- Collaborate with design teams to incorporate System Safety Engineering input into vehicle design.
- Conduct, as required, System Safety analyses to support recommendations for design changes.
- Evaluate customer requirements for System Safety and determine vehicle compliance.
- Support System Engineering Department in development of the System Specification Document
- Create Hazard Tracking System (HTS) and Preliminary and Functional Hazard Analysis (PHA & FHA), as required, to determine compliance to contract and/or System Specification Document
- Generate, as required, System Safety reports to be submitted to the Customer
- Create and manage Human/System Interface Databases, Hazard Logs, Risk Registers and manage Hazard Tracking
- Degree in any of the System Safety related disciplines or equivalent
- Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, other engineering will also be considered
- Minimum of 7 years of applicable experience, fewer years will be considered with an advanced degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Must be able to meet Anthropometric Size Requirements for confined space
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-882E
- Professional certification in Human Factors / Ergonomics (ie: CCCPE, BCPE) desired
- Experience in Human Factors/Ergonomics and System Safety in product design
- Familiarity with User Centered Design philosophy and approaches
- Experience with safety and HFE related Military Standards (i.E.: MIL-STD-882, MIL-HDBK-764, MIL-STD-1472) preferred.
- Able to construct and update Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Event Tree Analyses (ETA)
- An understanding of Functional Failure Analysis
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position may require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.