- Our client in Manassis, VA is searching for a UNIX System Administrator to support a highly skilled engineering user community for Linux based workstations and a high-performance computing cluster. The candidate should have strong skills in Red Hat Linux and familiarity with the concepts of parallel computing.
- Duties include:
- building workstations
- troubleshooting system issues
- maintaining servers
- supporting engineering questions and remote users
- Shell scripting experience is a must.
- Linux Systems Administration
- Shell scripting
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Configuration management tool experience (ie. Puppet, chef, ansible)
- Experience with parallel computing tools
- Hardware experience with workstations
- Experience overclocking workstations
- 14+ Years with High School Diploma
- 10+ Years with Associates
- 8+ Years with Bachelors
- 6+ Years with Masters
- 3+ Years with PhD
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Eric is a Technical Recruiter for Contract Professionals, Inc. He supports the defense recruiting team by sourcing candidates, researching new recruiting channels, pre-screening candidates, and coordinating interviews. Eric and his team members strive to assist transitioning military personnel and veterans as they transition into civilian life. Their goal is to help their candidates match military skills and experience with a rewarding career in their areas of expertise.
Eric obtained an Associate of Science in Software Engineering and he has a strong background in information technology.