No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus 3 years of relevant experience. All education requirements are verified! Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Serves as a front line interface to users with technical issues
- Makes recommendations for hardware and software purchases
Interacts with third-party technology vendors and internal database staff
- Conducts systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies
- Duties may include installing new software, troubleshooting, granting permissions to applications and training users
- The Server System Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day support of Server services
- Performs Server administration for Server Operating Systems
- Performs administration of physical and virtualized servers
Responsible for the configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of physical and virtual hardware
- Configures, maintains and troubleshoots network related interfaces on servers
- Performs OS and vendor software patching on servers
- Monitors Physical and Virtual Servers performance using monitoring tools
- Performs, maintains, troubleshoots and does analysis of alerts on Servers
- Performs administration of physical and virtualized servers using industry standard technologies
- Performs administration of servers in lab environments that are physical and virtualized using industry standard technologies
- Plans and executes project tasks
- Establishes peer-to-peer mentoring relationships
- Facilitates goal setting and problem solving on the team
- Executes plans, designs, and implements necessary configurations to ensure compliance with back-up and disaster recovery policies, procedures for servers
- Executes Security Compliancy processes and policies
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires a solid understanding of Server based operating systems (both Linux & MS).
- Enhanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement project plans for upgrades and system enhancements.
- Demonstrated ability to write policies, procedures, and create system documentation.
- Enhanced troubleshooting skills within the Server OS as well as both networking and storage technologies
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Practical knowledge of access, permissions and security that gives the clients the access to the data they need to perform their daily activities.
- Working knowledge to create and run scripts to automate repetitive processes.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.