Systems Engineer (RF)
San Jose, CA
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred. All education requirements are verified.
Senior Systems Engineers analyze, design, develop, and test systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety, and other requirements in the total engineering effort. Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing requirements
- Performing mission, functional, cost-benefit, and risk analysis
- Tracking requirements from inception through validation on a delivered system
- Preparing specifications for operational systems to ensure designs meet applicable specifications
- Providing integration and test of a system to ensure requirements are met
- These individuals may also be asked to:
- Document requirements validation plans and procedures
- Provide accreditation/certification evaluation and test support
- Develop software integration test cases and procedures, execute tests, and document test results
- Lead an integration and test team
- Exercise creative thinking to advance our business performance
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Lead engineers in following engineering processes
- Follow industry trends and developments to ensure services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of RF-based SIGINT and COMINT system architecture and design
- System requirements definition and flow down
- System-level and software-level integration and test
- Developing formal test plans and procedures
- Leading engineering teams
- Experience with integrating and testing in a Windows or Linux environment
- Experience with satellite orbital data and missions
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle, including configuration management
- Must be self-motivated and proactive to learn the software and system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in presenting technical briefings
- Able to travel worldwide, up to 20% expected.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE
- System-level CONOPS definition
- System-level modeling and trade-off analyses
- System-level signal, RF path, and link budget analyses
- System integration and verification.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.