Systems Engineer Controls
DEARBORN, MI US
- Deliver in-vehicle cybersecurity technologies for new model products from late development phase through launch
- Serve as subject matter expert, providing technical understanding of system level design and integration to program and launch teams up to CPE, FSIM and other chiefs
- Fully engage on late stages of development going into vehicle validation phase, ensuring validation and launch activities are planned and coordinated.
- Represent the Function to the Program, providing engineering leadership, guidance and support in meeting all Program requirements.
- Maintain program viewpoint/status on system level integration, validation, and launch and regularly report on issues, status and help needed
- Proactively identify and address roadblocks to vehicle program deliverables.
- Work with Management as necessary to remove them
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to support launch
- Provide immediate support to triage issues.
- Drive issue follow-up, root cause and resolution, and report back on any faults/failures occurring at end-of-line
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work in high pressure environments
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to develop and maintain engineering documentation including requirements, specifications, test plans, etc.
- Understanding of architecture, development, design principals
- Conceptual understanding of security methodologies and challenges
- 3+ years of experience with embedded and/or automotive systems
- 3+ years of experience with in-vehicle network architecture, modules, and protocols (CAN etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with system engineering, development, and testing
- Experience working in product launches, specifically in automotive
- 2+ years of experience with embedded software development, especially with a security focus
- Experience implementing security controls in an embedded (especially automotive) environment
Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
Must be able to support long-term travel (6-12 months at a time) to support assembly plants during program launches
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.