Herndon, VA US
Candidate must have an active TOP SECRET Security Clearance prior to hire to be considered for this position.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- VOIP maintenance
- Group Policy updates
- Updating firewall configurations
- Remapping NAS partitions
- Push/install new DAT files
- File maintenance
- Backups (including backups of Backup Exec, GEMX, and mission data)
- Ghosting workstations (HW remove/replace and rebuild workstations)
- Server/workstation physical maintenance (cleaning, vacuuming, etc.)
- Password updates
- Candidate must have experience with computer networking.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to work within an operations team along with close customer interactions are a must.
- Position requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts, and techniques.
- Must possess an ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Will be considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in computer networking.
- Will be required to develop and maintain OE/SA procedures and support the program' s Configuration Management (CM) process.
- Conducts frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Sec+ certification or equivalent
- Significant System Admin knowledge and experience on Dell/IBM platforms running Windows
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with SUSE and/or RHEL Linux
- Experience with routers and switches
- Experience maintaining physical and virtual servers
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts
- Must be willing to work a 24x7 rotating shift support or periodic off-hour shifts in support of program activities as well as on-call support
- System Admin experience with Backup Exec
- Functional experience with Juniper Firewalls
- System Admin experience with network storage (SAN server / NAS server)
- Experience pushing mission software updates
- Experience trouble-shooting mission software issues
- Previous experience with operational ground systems
Bachelor of Science plus 6 years' experience OR Master of Science plus 4 years' experience.
Candidate must have an active TOP SECRET Security Clearance prior to hire. All applicants selected will be subject to a US Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, US citizenship is required.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
A seasoned recruiting and sales professional with more than 7 years of industry experience, Jason Briggs joins the Contract Professionals, Inc. (CPI) team as the Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division in Scottsdale, Arizona.
With a talent for creative problem solving and coalition building, Jason started his career at Oxford and Associates in 2013, generating $2.3 million in sales by targeting the hardware, software, IT, and science & technology industries.
Subsequently, Jason joined KT Consulting as a Federal Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Recruiter focusing on winning and staffing One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS-SB) Proposals and Contracts for the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
Relocating to Arizona in 2017, Jason is originally from Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a focus in Risk Management.
Jason attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin where he was exposed to JROTC leadership education training and military sciences. He has served on alumni executive board for the University of Wisconsin Stout's National social philanthropy fraternity, Phi Sigma Phi. Jason also continues to provide support for local dog rescue organizations in the Phoenix area by donating time and participating in local adoption events.