Teamcenter Administrator & Programmer
Work closely under the guidance of the RTCe PLM Manager to develop and implement successful BMIDE & Macro deployments to increase overall efficiency of the Teamcenter solution
- Must have prior proven experience in Teamcenter Programming/Scripting, Workflow development, Report Builder, BMIDE, C, C++, and Visual basic for applications (VBA)
- Knowledge of Teamcenter CAD Integrations (NX, CATIA, Solid Works, CREO), attribute mapping
- Candidate should possess knowledge and skills in the commodity and be able to resolve and develop feasible solutions using previous experience
- Candidate must be a self-starter, motivated and works with minimal guidance
- Proven track record of development of innovative solutions, problem solving, proactive skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, champion reviews with various commodity stakeholders to communicate status, issues and next steps
- Understand Variant Conditions/Codes and populate DI/DS codes
- Assist the Engineering team in building templates for eBOM Information
- Customer Service Engineering & Technical Support Operations
- Conduct virtual builds, create concept models and perform service studies
- Colorize content and create visual reports
- Perform collaborative design analysis
- Compare data from multiple programs
- Teamcenter software installation, ITK and/or SOA programming experience would be beneficial
- Active Workspace configuration including style sheets and user interface configuration
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office software including developing Excel Macros, Microsoft Power Point
- PCL codes to enhance the efficiency of repetitive tasks such as load extraction
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.