Test Technician I
Oshkosh, WI US
The objective is to validate new product designs as part of new product development as well as resolve issues on sustaining products. Candidate is expected to provide exemplary support technical support to the customers of Oshkosh Corporation and Test and Development. Ideal candidate must be able to travel at least 50% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct testing of prototypes and current products to determine capabilities of vehicles/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Test and record data using operational knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical pneumatic, hydraulic) using manual entry and data acquisition.
- Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis and follow detailed test procedures.
- Assemble, disassemble and fabricate complex/customized parts, mechanical structures and test stands/fixtures in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Maintain a safe work environment, adhere to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
- Operate heavy equipment/machinery or drive vehicles as required for the purposes of testing or material handling.
- Determine appropriate test instruments for product testing.
- Plan and schedule daily activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time and ensure projects are being completed within identified timeline.
- Communicate effectively and work cross functionally to resolve technical problems including the ability to provide constructive feedback to all levels of the organization.
- Interpret and execute written/verbal directions and instructions.
- Certified Welder (CW) (internal certification required at Commercial segment).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of automotive and mechanical terms.
- A Commercial Driver’ s License (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanic tool set and toolbox (required at Defense segment).
Technical Diploma with three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent is required. Associate’ s degree with three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent is preferred.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Crisi Mintz joined the Contract Professionals, Inc. team as a Technical Recruiter in January 2023, in order to support efforts to bring the Arizona recruitment team to scale.
A Zillow 5-Star Premier Agent, Crisi has been a licensed realtor for more than 15 years. During her career in real estate, her fiduciary responsibilities included residential, commercial, and investor clients for complex real estate transitions. She also facilitated timely closings, conducted complex negotiations, developed and executed marketing strategies, and managed budgets. Throughout her career, Crisi developed a reputation as an expert salesperson and master problem solver.
This is not Crisi’s first time at Contract Professionals, Inc. Crisi first joined the Contract Professionals, Inc. team in 1993. She was recruited by the management team to sit on the “Operations Action Team” in pursuit of ISO-9000.
Crisi holds BA in Business Administration from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.