Test Technician I
Oshkosh, WI US
The objective is to validate new product designs as part of new product development as well as resolve issues on sustaining products. The Technician is expected to provide exemplary support technical support to the customers of the client as well as Test and Development. Candidate must be local to the Oshkosh, WI metro area to be considered for this opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct testing of prototypes and current products to determine capabilities of vehicles/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Test and record data using operational knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical pneumatic, hydraulic) using manual entry and data acquisition.
- Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis and follow detailed test procedures.
- Assemble, disassemble, and fabricate complex/customized parts, mechanical structures and test stands/fixtures in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Maintain a safe work environment, adhere to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
- Operate heavy equipment/machinery or drive vehicles as required for the purposes of testing or material handling.
- Determine appropriate test instruments for product testing.
- Plan and schedule daily activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time and ensure projects are being completed within identified timeline.
- Communicate effectively and work cross functionally to resolve technical problems including the ability to provide constructive feedback to all levels of the organization.
- Interpret and execute written/verbal directions and instructions.
- Technical Diploma with three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent*.
- Ability to travel 50%.
- Associate’ s degree with 3+ years of experience in engineering or equivalent*.
- Certified Welder (CW) (internal certification required at Commercial segment).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of automotive and mechanical terms.
- A Commercial Driver’ s License (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanic tool set and tool box (required at Defense segment).
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
A seasoned recruiting and sales professional with more than 7 years of industry experience, Jason Briggs joins the Contract Professionals, Inc. (CPI) team as the Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division in Scottsdale, Arizona.
With a talent for creative problem solving and coalition building, Jason started his career at Oxford and Associates in 2013, generating $2.3 million in sales by targeting the hardware, software, IT, and science & technology industries.
Subsequently, Jason joined KT Consulting as a Federal Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Recruiter focusing on winning and staffing One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS-SB) Proposals and Contracts for the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
Relocating to Arizona in 2017, Jason is originally from Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a focus in Risk Management.
Jason attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin where he was exposed to JROTC leadership education training and military sciences. He has served on alumni executive board for the University of Wisconsin Stout's National social philanthropy fraternity, Phi Sigma Phi. Jason also continues to provide support for local dog rescue organizations in the Phoenix area by donating time and participating in local adoption events.