Vehicle Controls Engineer
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Non-supervisory engineering position within a company and exceeded by a Senior Principal or Chief (principal) engineer in technically oriented organization. Work within advanced engineering groups regarding development of control strategy for advanced vehicle control systems. Controls work encompasses control strategy development and verification for hybrid electric vehicles and components (motors, drives, engines, generators, energy storage cells etc.), autonomous vehicle systems, advanced suspensions, material handling and other auxiliary equipment such as diagnostics and prognostics systems for on-road and off-road applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plan and direct the technical aspects of advanced vehicle system controls research, development, verification and validation, testing and production implementation.
2. Conduct independent research and development on new technologies and establish requirements (resources, equipment, estimates, test plans, and milestones) according to the needs of a project.
3. Responsible for developing control strategies in a virtual simulation environment using modeling tools (such as ADAMS, AMSIM, Vedyna and Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow etc.) or hardware-in-the-loop simulators and transferring simulated strategies to vehicle testing and eventual production implementation.
4. Work with internal and external (vendors, industry consortium, or universities etc.) project teams on advanced control development efforts under the guidance of a supervisor with minimum supervision.
5. Assist or direct feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, and timelines etc.) on proposed projects.
6. Support or direct proposal development with regards to acquiring appropriate funding for various advanced control development efforts.
7. Provide insight to engineering design teams and mentoring to low level engineers as needed based on expertise.
Education and Experience
Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 8-plus years related experience or
Master' s degree in Mechanical Electrical Engineering and 5-plus years related experience
Ph.D. Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 2 years related experiences.
School project or work experience in diagnostics and prognostics algorithm development preferred Automotive or heavy-duty vehicle background with vehicle control system experiences Work experience in automotive or heavy-duty vehicle CAN bus and architecture Work experience in Mathworks, dSPACE or Vector tools and Autosar Embedded software development experiences using C/C++/C# or Python a plus
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."