Vehicle Electrical/Electronics Engineer
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
The team member will be involved in the design, test and verification of vehicle control software and vehicle electronics. The team member must understand industry and military standards that apply to vehicle design and test to evaluate designs against the requirements. The team member must have strong general knowledge of the electrical and software design on the vehicle and be able to aid in design requirement development, design evaluation and issue investigation including further testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Write requirements and design documentation
2. Basic engineering print revisions using Adobe, Creo and Windchill
3. Develop documentation to support Engineering Change Proposals
4. Assist in test requests and implementation for system level testing
5. Assist in issue investigation in the areas of electrical and software
6. Responsible for quality conscious design including cost and reliability
7. Participate in peer reviews, estimation, and other engineering activities
8. Use reasonable foresight to identify vehicle operation and maintenance risks, and control them within acceptable levels
9. Ability to travel off-site to support engineering projects as needed
" Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
" Internship experience or 6-plus months related experience
" Strong oral and written communication skills
" Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
" Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
" Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics and operate test equipment like multimeters and oscilloscopes
" Experience with Creo 3D modeling and Windchill
" Experience working with CAN and the J1939 protocol
" Knowledge of systems engineering
" Knowledge of 8D problem solving techniques and other quality tools
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."